Wednesday 30 April 2014

Aah! A zombie! Oh wait...


Everyones favourite heroin powered corpse, Pete Docherty makes in to NME.

The image is in the style of... well... I guess a family photo this is unusual. HOWEVER! this article is about him leaving rehab. I think the image is supposed to show the REAL Pete. Face t pete you have a reputation. Usually everyone needs to witness you pass to rid the reputation of a messed up, drug induced, pop artist (cough Amy Winehouse cough). However Pete needs to be seen as a real human being instead of a famous person. So using this friendly publish photo seems to be much better than him, let's say, smashing a guitar or smoking a cigarette. Because that would show the wrong message.

Another thing I noticed was the colours, orange, brown and amber are very earthy and real (by real I mean like physical (by physical i mean realistic(by that I mean not man made(e.g. neon)))) Like i said they want a realistic impression they are avoid controversy, everything is 'Plain Jane'

the big quote " People say 'Oh Peter used to be a singer.' What are you talking about?
 Used to be!? This section proves that they are trying to defend Pete by expressing that he is still A singer. I learned form this peice I need to replicate the artist not just on there personality, but what they want to project to their fans

No comments:

Post a Comment