Wednesday 30 April 2014

Preliminary 2cool4scoolmag





"The Whitley WAVE!
The worlds number one magazine... EVER!

"In this issue
Ross whyatts mum speaks out!
'I am soo... so sorry'

LOL!
Lots of learning
revision guide

Can you dig it
History students go on a fossil dig

Who cut the cheese
Adam 'cheddars' Chedburn retires

New to school
Poppy Preston
Coming from Essex

Find out which Year nines are "dating"
pages 19 - 43"


"The Whitley WAVE

Whitley wave of the day!

pg3 Twerking hard or hardly working. Dance exams soon

pg 4 Chemistry students in their element

pg 5 Art students n love are drawn together

This was my initial task set..."

I had week to do this and i had just learned the basics as a first go I am chuffed...

A few things to mention, sorry about the puns, this was my first project and I wanted to have fun with it. Second of all this was an experiment for my final piece, I used this piece to explore the ins(-designs) and outs of indesign...

I chose Blue because that it Whitley highs main colour associated with the school. I decided to used light blue on the main body to make text easier to read (that went well :/) I decided dark blue for my header as i thought  it would look good next to white text, which Whitley high use alot. and... IT DOES! (Yay i did something right!)

Next the image, and even though it is dark, thanks to a lying PC monitor, its looking goood! First off my first ever proper crop and I did good! Ross the model (thank you btw)  has a spiky head curve that is hard to crop, but I used the magnet lasso and the magic want to erase all the outer crud and was left with a model. To increase brightness, I did believe it or not, I use photshops contrast too and that made him visible, which is a start.

Mistakes were made with the3 red text, Red and black don't mix unless you are dennis the menace, lesson learned. The black and red are too dark for each other, I had no contract, mabye next time I will use a pale orange instead of the red, no only to compliment the black, but also to make direct contrast with the blue.

The new to school section I like as it is poppin'! some would say 'poppy is poppin'. But i would have to hit them. I want to do some fake standout stuff on my main music mag.

The contents page is a bit messy But i the the images.

 Shouldah wouldah couldah AKA: What I would change

Text size smaller, for more content and 'neatliness'

Lighter text for easy reading

picture brightness, you can see why

Smaller header (more like 1/4 pager)

The font... STENCIL! WHAT WAS I THINKING!

Overall though I am quite happy



No comments:

Post a Comment