Monday 5 May 2014

The ultimate comparison

Front page

This is my final draft of the completed magazine. First off I acquired a colour scheme (Hurray) Red, Black and white are the recurring colours, Blue is used on the name as a contrast. Previously the colours we over bearing and obnoxious, but now it seems more elegant and less... well... not elegant. Overall structure has stayed the same as it worked well! Hannah on the left has her newly Photoshop top that looks genuine (phew!). I also ditched the grey on the in-D logo :( but now it looks much better! blue on the bottom banner is now black making it look sweet! 

"You can never go wrong with a little, black banner."

Compared to my preliminary, this has a lot more content. I have banners, stickers and lots of text, but my preliminary is only 2 images and little text. The colour scheme of my final draft is alot more eye friendly than what preliminary. (note blue and red is a no go). The image on my FD is also alot brighter and visible then my preliminary, making it seem alot more professional.   

Contents


This is my FD for my contents page, As you can see it looks decent :)

First off, I stick with the colour scheme sticks as the red  and black are used for text and white for background. The blue is used specially for dividers . I added a Feature section much like my style model Q which has a special area each issue, this contrasts with my regulars section. Images are in Polaroids now and look better with backgrounds. 

I have made many changes to my first draft. First off the horrible colours left and i kept my new colour scheme. I then added backgrounds to my new images, I made space for one image, see previous section. I also added in so key features I was missing, like page numbers, subscribe section and presentability.  I feel this document has a lot more order.

Compared with my preliminary this document takes the cake, The contents of this magazine is very ordered to which the preliminary was not. Images are a lot more constant than previously as they are the same shape and design. this document also has design (with graphology) which my preliminary did not.

Double page spread


I have again followed the colour schme leaving the page looking very fetching. The red manages to edge itself onto the text its self to separate it which I feel the document needed. The colour suits the band as it represents there riskay attitude and wild and crazy antics. It is very similar to the likes of Q which was my style model.

Compare to my first draft this is much more presentable. For starters, this doesn't look urine covered (that yellow was bad) I also scrapped the odd, to say the least, 'YE OLDE' drop capital. I also switched everything up so they wouldn't be cut off by the central fold. I also added in key features like page numbers, logo in corner and captions. The quote is now from the article which turns out is a direct code.

I did not do a preliminary for a DPS!


No comments:

Post a Comment